Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tony left for the MTC

So, this was Tony's last afternoon with us.  We had a little pow wow about why Tony would be a great missionary.  The kids were all spot on.  Koli said, "Tony already is a good missionary, so he will only get better".  I agree with Koli.  Tony has spent his last 2 years, especially this last year, doing missionary work and spending time with the missionaries.  He knows the lessons, he's learned how to relate to investigators, and he has 2 baptisms under his belt.  He also has been growing spiritually like crazy.  He is prepared and ready to be there.  I just wish I were prepared to be without him for two years!















The dreaded airport pictures
























And then life just seemed to have to go on.  

 Ryan had a concert


This was Ryan's favorite song






So, let me just say, it is really hard to tape a game and watch it too.  In this clip Danny scores twice, and I miss one of them.  He also scored the first kick off of the game and I didn't even have the camera out yet.  I will get better at filming - maybe. :)  The final score was 3 for us and 4 for them.  They continued to play on Sunday, but of course Danny didn't.  I'm not sure if another kid did either.  They may have had to play 1 man short.  I hate that they play tournaments on Sundays - oh well.



Our funny Jet




Well, it's Tuesday and I haven't heard from Tony yet.  I guess his P-day isn't Monday and I'm guessing it's probably not Tuesday.  Maybe tomorrow.  If I don't hear from him tomorrow, you know I'll be calling!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanted to say how neat it is to have another missionary off on his way. I was wondering if he had gotten his call yet. I looked at the Blog you have for him and saw that he is in the Azores Islands. I hope he finds all of my family and teaches them :)
I know my mom has tried to get family history from that area and has gotten stuck. But it was great to see the pictures and know, this is where some of my family came from.