Happy Fourth of July!
We spent the morning at Uncle Courtney and aunt Alicia's house having breakfast with all the cousins. It was great to see some extra Nelsons and Burnhams. A great time!
Then we went home and worked for a couple of hours getting ready to go camping on the Tum Tum property and to the lake. We had a great time! Shauna was able to come and Shane drove out to the lake on Friday and Saturday before having to work.
We headed back to Suncrest to watch fireworks. We got there just as the show had begun. As it turns out, we had great seats and a great parking place. Close to the entrance. Easy escape after the show.
Back to camp tired and ready for bed. We finally turned out the lantern at midnight. :) No, the kids didn't sleep in. :> The road up the mountain is a 4-wheeler road. We have to leave the van at the bottom and pack the truck with the kids for the 1.5 miles up the mountain. The kids love it.
A beautiful morning - after breakfast and games, we headed to the lake.
Danny had gathered these flowers and tied them together with a broken piece of stretchy plastic strap from a pair of goggles. He also used a label off of a can to write "to mom, love dad" He is so resourceful. And he stepped in where he thought dad might be lacking. :)
Seriously thinking, "Not another picture!"
I was one of the last to reach the lake as I was getting all of the gear out of the truck. I come down towards the water and I hear the girls screaming and Josh yelling, "He's a big one!" Tons of splashing and craziness brought to the water's edge and Josh announced his catch of the day. At first I was like, "drop it Josh, that fish could eat you!" And then tons of laughter from all the kids as they waited for me to figure out it was dead. Then my mother panic voice, "Josh, gross! Drop that thing and come wash with soap!" He thought he was so funny!
My little nappers.
Beautiful Sunset.
Campfire
Another great morning. This time the kids did sleep in - til 8:30. It was major sleep in for them.
Another great day at the lake.
Headed Home Sweet Home
We made it home tired, exhausted, pink, and happy. We had a great time and ended with pizza and a movie. A great week. We missed you Tony! Next week is Katie's birthday - like tomorrow. Wake up call for mom - I wasn't expecting it! I think I was a week behind!


No comments:
Post a Comment