A
LOOK BACK ON 2013 FOR THE LEE’S
JANUARY - My little
Levi turned 6. Which meant it had been
6.5 years since James had been called to be the Stake President. We had just had our first Christmas with Danny and Jet
which was a wonderful time that
renewed a lot of the Christmas wonders for our family as we watched it all happen
through their eyes.


FEBRUARY - It was a happy Valentine’s Day. Shauna turned 20 and was basically
engaged. We had one of the sweetest
reunions ever at the airport. Shane came home from Brazil, dark, handsome,
speaking a foreign language (and
that was English), grown up, and a bit sad. He was happy to see us and excited to meet
his new brothers, but like all good missionaries, homesick for his
investigators. I’m sure I was the happiest of all to have
him home! James and I snuck away for a
cruise. We had been 2 years before, but
this time,
James wasn’t in a sling recovering from shoulder surgery – we rode a banana
boat. J


MARCH - Cameron turned 17 and had grown “a foot
or two”. Shauna was officially
engaged. Danny had received all the
missionary discussions and wanted to be baptized –
he was. I had the blessing of having ALL
my children in the temple to have Danny and Jet sealed
to us. Words can’t express that moment;
eternal. Yes, we did document it with a
family picture! And we had our second
granddaughter born. Awesome!





MAY - Becca-Nae turned 13 and Ali turned sweet 16. We had an early birthday party for Tony. Tony left on his mission to the Provo MTC to learn Portuguese. Not so happy of a morning at the airport. Looking forward to May of 2015! I had a wonderful Mother’s Day and am so blessed by my 14 wonderful children.





JULY - My little Katie
turned 12. All of my girls went to
girl’s camp. I don’t have any more
little girls left. Cam became an Eagle
Scout; # 4 for us, counting James. We enjoyed the weather and the pool and some camping. Lots of prepping for the wedding and lots of summer fun. A Happy 4th for sure!



AUGUST - Shauna and Wesley were married in the Spokane Temple. All of the family were there except Tony. After the wedding, our family went to the lake for a week. Oh how fun it was to have Addy and Jet together. They are best friends thanks to Skype. James and I went to Chicago for the Groom’s open house. While there, we celebrated 24 years of marriage. The best 24 years ever! Shane left for BYU Provo and the kids made the most of their last few days of summer.

SEPTEMBER - School started. I was home alone with Jet. Thank goodness for little Jet. Danny turned 11 and also grew a foot or two. Our house seemed empty with only 10 kids at home. Every time we knelt to pray, we thought we were missing people. The kids started school – grades 12, 11, 9, 8, 7, 5, 5, 3, and 1. Soccer and cross country were in full swing.





NOVEMBER - The
Thanksgiving holiday was full of family and friends. Shane surprised me with a quick trip home. That was definitely the highlight. Tony had much to say in his letters as these
were going to be his first holidays away from home. Also we spent lots of time on the phone with Shauna and
Shiloh. Christmas lights and music have
entered the scene.


DECEMBER - And here we are with sleigh bells ringing and chestnuts roasting. It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas as I sit here in the glow of the Christmas lights and by the window where snow is falling. For his birthday, James had another shoulder surgery - the left one this time and is enjoying the time at home with Jet. Shane turned 22. Cam and Ali are done with finals at SCC, the other kids are counting the days till winter break, I am frantically doing the Christmas shopping, and ALL the driving of the children since James is out of commission. I’m sure Bill Cosby has some comedy dialog on this subject of chauffeuring; I just might find it funny. J I will have a birthday soon and the kids are planning a Musical Psych party. I will have most of my wishes come true this Christmas. Shiloh will be here with her family (and a little belly to announce the one due in May or June), Shane will be home for two weeks, and all the kids will be home from school as well. I do get to Skype with Shauna and Tony which will be so wonderful. I can’t wait to hear Tony’s Portuguese.


As I reflect
on the past year, I realize how blessed we are and hope this Christmas Letter
finds you blessed as well. Merry
Christmas! And Happy New Year!





































No comments:
Post a Comment