Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - A Fun-filled 4-day weekend!
What a weekend. We got to have Heather and Shane here. SO much fun! It was so good to have them home. We played and ate and watched movies and ate and played Nintendo and ate and played and so on. We also had Stake Conference in there.
So, just a word on that. One of James' counselors gave a talk and he started it with, "I am not going to give the talk I told President Lee I was giving and I am not going to look back at him so he can't give me the cut off sign. I want to talk about coming to Christ and I want to tell you just some of the ways President Lee has taught me and our stake to come to Christ." He then went on to share things that are just part of James' life. He also shared some parenting decisions we have made over the years. It was really sweet and youcould tell this man loved and admired James. But what really strucj me was how much this man I have lived with for over 25 years has litterally taught others, including our family, by example to come unto Chrost. You know that saying we take those things closest to us for granted? Yeah, that's how I felt sitting there listening to him talk about James. How blessed I am to have him.
Anyway, we had to say goodbye to Heather and Shane on Sunday. Sad, but reality. Monday we watched the Seahawk game and oh, what a game it was! After that, I finally got an email from Tony. He had missed the week before. He is doing great and I found out we get him home April 28. The we got to talk to Cameron from Seattle! He sounded so great! He bore his testimony in Spanish and also said prayer in Spanish. He did a great job. He is so excited to be on his way.
Then we ended the day with FHE. Josh gave the lesson on baptism and the covenants we make. Little Levi is getting baptized Valentine's Day. I can't believe it! He is a righteous little soul and is excited to be getting baptized.
|Well, that was our week and it was a lot of fun. This next week it is back to work. Until next time...
And now the post I did today! haha
Sunday, January 25
Wow, can't believe Levi is 8. It was so just yesterday that we were holed up in our house waiting to go into the hospital 3 weeks early. It was just yesterday that we bought our couch because we were bored to death, waiting for this little boy. It was just yesterday that I was climbing the walls at the thought of my oldest dating and thinking what was I doing having a 16 year old and a newborn. It was just yesterday when they handed me this baby and I knew he truly was a gift from God. Who knew that I would be sitting here posting about my little eight year old in the blink of an eye.
We had a fabulous week. It started of with the exciting and tear filled win of the Seahawks. Yes, I just said that. And I mentioned this in the above post. Then we got to talk to our little boy in Portugal who is sad he is in the homestretch of his mission. He comes home April 28th. And then we got to talk to Cameron from the Seattle airport on his way to Alaska! He sounded so great and bore his testimony in Spanish. (Also mentioned in the above post)
Then we heard about him (on Tuesday) via a guy who use to live in Spokane, but moved to Anchorage. He was in the Mission Office when Cam arrived. He actually taught in the youth group when Cam was 12. He called our friend who lives here and told him all about how this red head comes walking into the building and how he would have never believed it was Cam due to his hieght, but it was the same old face with the same old grin. What a small world.
We also received a quick email from him on Thursday to say he arrived safely and he was already engaged in the work, meeting families and trying to understand their quick words. He is very happy to be there eventhough it is freezing. He spent too much time in Mexico. The day he emailed, it was colder in Rexburg than in Anchorage. LOL
And then I got to spend the day with Levi for his birthday. We had a lot of fun. He is so funny. We went to dinner with him and as we were walking into the resturaunt, I was trying to hold his hand. He was refusing so I said, "Hey, you're never too old to hold my hand. Even Shane still holds my hand." Levi replied, "Well, Shane is Shane and he's a momma's boy!" Turkey. Just between us (which means anyone who reads this - haha) Levi came home and sat in my lap snuggling for the entire length of the movie we watched as a family. Yeah, he's my momma's boy. :)
And then Saturday we began the day with boiled eggs, sauasages, and hot chocolate for Levi's bday breakfast. Then we went to a movie as a family. All but Becca who was at a basketball game where she scored 13 out of the 19 points, and Josh who was at a wrestling tournament, He was just helping as he is recovering from a sprained knee. Then after the movie we played and then had pizza and another movie. My kids don't think you can eat pizza without a movie. We've never watched so much TV in one weekend! Levi chose dirt cake with worms in it and he had fun opening his presants.
I should also mention that Koi won his bball game this week, Ryan was once again the superstar for the week in his class and Danny missed zero on his math test. Katie is also working in math to pass her final in Algebra to receive her high school credit.
Things are a happin'n!!!!!
Okay, so I loved ALL these pictures. What a great day that was!


No comments:
Post a Comment