James and I went to Mt Vernon on a business trip and got to see the "Festival of the Tulips". I had no idea how many different kinds of tulips there were. We had a great time and enjoyed the scenery.
We also visited Mt Eerie and Deception Pass on our trip. This water is part of the Pudget sound. It made James anxious to leave for our coastal vacation this summer and me a nervous wreck to think of trying to count heads bobing in the ocean. I'm requiring bright orange lifejackets for everyone!
I decided to give in to James's constant ranting about cutting Levi's hair. Here a few before pictures. There aren't any after pictures because for one, after having to sit still through the haircut, Levi was DONE. I couldn't get him to sit another second for me to snap a shot. And secondly, I refuse to be ridiculed by anyone who dares to chalenge the fact that I did indeed cut his hair. I really did and I have the hair in an envelope to prove it!!!!
Josh turned nine this month and had a great family dinner with his grandmas. He chose BBQed hamburgers for his dinner. Did I mention we are anxious for summer around here? He was very impressed with the colorful 5 dollar bill to put in his new wallet and loved his transformer. Why is it Grandmas always do the best gifts no matter what? He also was surprised by Ryan's gift; himself! What a character that Ryan is.
We once again did the America's Kids Run at Joe Albi Stadium. Cam and Tony ran the Middle School Champion Race and Cam got his first medal for placing third while Tony stepped back for fourth place because he's already won two medals the last two years. I was so impressed with that brotherly love. Cam, Tony, Shauna, Shane, and Shi also volunteered again handing out T-shirts and running with the 5 year old groups. This was Koli's first year and he was so excited he "won" Shane and Tony. Katie and Koli ran a 1/2 mile, Becca ran 1 mile, and Josh, Ali, Cam, and Tony all ran 2 miles. They're awesome. I got my excercise carrying Levi in the backpack and chasing Ryan because James missed the event for the first time due to a meeting with Elder Perry and all the other Stake Presidents in our area. It was a good meeting I'm sure but I think he would have rather chased the kids all over the stadium. I know that would have been my vote!
Well, the month ended with a couple of proms. Shane and Shiloh doubled with their dates for the East Valley high school prom. James and I served them dinner upstairs in a decked-out, restaurant looking room. Shauna did the decorating and lined the stair railings with tea candles and positioned flowers and lamps all arounnd the room. I hope Shauna is around for all of our wedding receptions!!! Then Shiloh went to East Vallley/Valley Stake Prom with some friends. She had a great time. I love that we have teenagers close in age so they can date together. They are already planning the next prom to include Shauna. I can't believe this is happening to us. Just yesterday they were babies.
Shiloh's Stake Prom.
Well until next month! We hope everyone is doing well and has some tremendous flowers spring up in their gardens. I am heading out to my garden now to rake out the old to prepare for the new. Love you all. ----Lisa


2 comments:
It is a sad day when a person has to read their good friend's blog every month so they know what is going on!
I can't believe Shiloh is going to proms! She looks so gorgeous! What a fun family!
Post a Comment