Monday, June 9, 2008

We're still waiting for those May flowers

Well, another month and the greatest news at this moment is school's almost over...for a split second, anyway. I can't believe how fast time flies. We've had an incredibly busy month of May. We've been waiting for our May Flowers to bloom but we've still been receiving April Showers. So much so that there have been several road closures along the river because of flooding and sections of the river have been closed to any boats of any kind. The Falls have definitely been spectacular though. It's amazing the power that emanates from those waters. Our kids have managed to enjoy the month in spite of the busy schedule and the little boys have been oblivious to it all; just being their silly selves.





This is Levi and his cousin Austin, Dallas and Rachel's baby. And yes, he does look just like his dad.

Happy birthday Becca! She is 8 and will be baptized June 14th. We enjoyed chicken and "smashed potatoes" for dinner. She has done an amazing job in school this year. Her teacher uses her as the "sub" on several occasions to help out the actual substitute teachers. She is very excited to be starting actual organized piano lessons this summer with Shauna who is also teaching Becca's good friend Justine. We're so blessed to have our sweet Becca!




Sometimes you just need a little nap!




Tony marched in the junior lilac parade and we got there just in time to get the camera out. This was the best picture I had. Isn't he cute! He's in the far right.

Then we ran over to Shauna's district finals to watch her win the 800m. She took first out of all the freshman in the GSL.



And then home again to take a breather!



This was 70 and 80's day at school. They all were best dressed in their classrooms. A little blast from the past!



We all had a wonderful time at the cemetery. What a beautiful place really. It will be such a joyous place at the resurrection. We have an incredible family on both sides of the veil.










And then off to Golden Corral for breakfast. Aren't family traditions the best!!!!














And then off to Courtney's the men went to help build a deck. Moms and kids joined up later for a great BBQ. In one of these pictures you can see the deck in the background. I obviously was less interested in the deck than I was in the kids. :)



And then Happy birthday to Alison. We had skinny pancakes filled with jello and peaches and whip cream for dinner with a side of sasauge. Sometimes they pick the strangest things for their dinners. Ali is now 11 and doing amazing things. One thing she does quite often is sub in primary as the pianist. She does a lot of sight reading and does it well.




Becca and Katie had a "Poet on the Green" reading. Here is a taste of their poetry. Becca - "Bathtime - Becca, "AAAAH don't splash! AAAAH my eyes! Don't go potty Levi! - Bathtime" Katie - "Snails, Slimy, Green. Medium fast, Quiet, Folding antennas. I like snails because they are cute. Snails" Then Katie had an "Author's Tea" where she read some of her stories. One was titled "Don't Go Away Grandma" It reads, "My grandma is in New Jersey. I miss her and she misses me. She writes me letters. We write her letters and she writes back. I love Grandma Lee. My brother wants to see our grandma but mom says no. My grandma misses me and I miss Grandma. I want Grandma but mom says wait until she comes back. I did." Isn't that sweet; and what a mean mom not to let the kids go to NJ. Oh well, we wanted her to come back and she did! :)





Shane did his Eagle Project this month. He built, with the help of some ward members, an ampla-theater at Camp Nay-Bor-Lee. It was a great project and the camp board were so grateful. They also thought it was awesome that Bob Jenkinson's grandson would be doing a project there. My dad was on the board for many years and did a lot for the facilities there. It looks great. I haven't been to Camp Nay-Bor-Lee since my dad died, but am looking forward to going again to see Shane's work.















For the talent show, Cam, Josh, and Katie sang "Supercalifragalisticexpialidocios".
Becca sang "Animal Crackers" and Ali played a song she wrote on the piano. Ali also accompanied them. Hopefully these vidoes I took will work. I had to take them with my camera so they aren't very close up, but their little voices are so cute.

















And to end the month, or rather the first weekend in June, we had Stake Conference. We had the priviledge of having Elder Wickman come and stay with us. He was just awesome; so kind, so genuine, so complimentary, and such a spiritual giant. We had a waffle feed Sat am with 4 missionaries and a family that 1/2 have recently been baptized qnd the other 1/2 are getting baptized this weekend. He learned all of our kid's names and their names and never forgot them. He also remembered all the people he met that early afternoon with James and didn't forget them either. Sat night after the session, he came back to our house and had a snack with the kids that were up and then offered our family prayer. In the morning we all had breakfast together and Elder Wickman greeted the children by name as they entered the kitchen. After the session on Sunday is when this picture was taken. He is truly a remarkable man and one we won't soon forget.


Wow, what a month. We look forward to a wonderful and hopefully mellow summer. I can't wait for the first morning that we don't have to be anywhere by any given time. Oh the frivolous dreams of mothers. Until next time --- the Lee's :)

1 comment:

Crystyne said...

Wow Lisa what a month you guys had. And what a great and spiritual time you must have had with Elder Wickman staying at your house. I guess that is one of the "perks" of having the Stake President as your husband.

I can't believe how old Shauna is looking, she needs to stop that!
She is reminding me that I too getting older.

Hey thanks for telling me about your blog at our Visiting Teaching Interview night. That put the "bug" in Jeff's ear that we should start one too. And I am really enjoying blogging!