Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tony did indeed have a birthday.

Tony had a great birthday shared with all of Shane's drama, which I'll go into later. Tony was a good sport. He loved his bike and I have sent him on many errands since he got it. Tony is a great blessing to us. This is the smile he gave me when I said to say "girls". I guess cheese is still status quo. Aren't I lucky!








Okay, so - Tony and Shane did a 4 day wrestling camp at East Valley with their coaches and a bunch of other coaches and kids. Well, on the last day and during the last match, Shane and his opponent - who he wanted me to clarify was losing - fell together to the mat. Shane yelled, "hey, get off, get off". The coach was already running over to the mat. Shane dislocated his elbow. I found out with a phone call from Tony saying they had a situation and Shane couldn't drive home. I was picturing locked keys, out of gas, even maybe he got pulled over; but no, his coach wanted to drive them to the emergency room. James met them half way and they went to the afterhour group health first. The doc there didn't want to touch him so they ended up at Sacred Heart. The elbow was put back in place without Shane remembering it, thanks to a nice little drug, but in the process, they broke a piece of bone off. So, on Monday morning Shane headed into surgery and the bone was screwed into place with two little screws. I am so glad James took a sick day. They were at the hospital from 7:30am to 4:00pm. He took a long time in recovery because they couldn't get the pain under control. So, he is in a huge and heavy cast, because his arm is so swollen, and will get it recast when the swelling goes down. Altogether, he will be in a cast for 4-6 weeks. What a way to start the summer. But it gets even better - Today he had his wisdom teeth removed! - along with Shiloh. I'll post more of that later. I have to get through Graduation first. :)

this is a reinactment of what Shane's arm looked like.

this is the x-ray of it dislocated


this is back in place with the bone broke off

this is what it looked like the night before surgery





I'll have more updates tomorrow. I have to go dispense some pain killers.

1 comment:

EternaLeppert said...

Wow! You're such a good mom! You seem to be taking this all in stride. :) Gotta love boys and all their accidents!! I was good with the reenactment, but when it came to the x-rays, I was ready to check out. LOL