Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lonely? Worried? Nightmares?

Well, my boys all headed off this morning to their various adventures. James left at 1:30am to Moses Lake where he was meeting his party to head on to Mount Renier. He will climb to the base camp in 8 hours and then sleep there, in the snow and wind and cold, and then at midnight Thursday am, continue on up the ice covered mountain to the summit. Then he will spend the rest of Thursday climbing down and will return to Moses Lake by 10 or 11pm. I hope all goes well. I admire his love of adventure and his self discipline to work towards a goal, even with his busy life. He got home Tuesday night from church meetings at 10pm and slept what he could before leaving at 1:30am. You gotta love him!


James in his "winter" head gear.


Then I took Shane, Tony, and Cam at 3:30am to their YM President's house to head over to Montana and Idaho for their 50 miler. They won't be back til late Saturday night. I really do hate having all the big boys gone at once. I don't have a pic of them, but they all made their backpacks and their cooking stoves and their gear - except treking poles which I had never heard of. James and I climbed the chairlift run on Mount Spokane last Friday and I used Cam's poles. They are awesome! Anyway, I can't wait til they're all safe at home. And - Shane officially started the Mission paper process. He went to the dentist last Monday and got all his dental forms signed. He has an oral clean bill of health!

1 comment:

Tani Ireland said...

Sounds like a busy summer!!!! Carson is waiting for his call. We should hear around August 11th! Very exciting for Shane!!!