Sunday, October 7, 2012

October is Here

Had a great week.  Busy as ever but full of family.  Met a very generous guy who works at the new Maverick gas station on Hwy 2.  James and I were on the motorcycle and in the car up on Greenbluff to run. Needless to say, I locked the keys and wallets in the car.  We coasted into the gas station on the bike and asked if we could get gas even though we had no money.  James offered to leave me as collateral.  The guy smiled at me and said, "She looks nice and all, but what am I going to do with a second wife?"  I said, "Nothing!  He's coming back for me."  He laughed and said he'd get it and we could owe him.  We went home, changed into pants and a coat (running clothes were very chilly on the motorcycle at 7pm) and rode back to the gas station.  When we went in he exclaimed, "You came back?!"  I thought wow, he was just going to let 10 bucks go.  Made me smile inside and very grateful.  We then got our car and all was well.
The kids are doing great in school and scouts and personal progress and music and soccer and cross country and everything else they're involved in. James and I are flying by the seat of our pants to keep up! :)
I tore off another month of the count down calendar for Shane.  Only 4 more Fast Sundays.  And now, it could be only 4 more Fast Sundays before Tony leaves.  I'm hoping he thinks June is soon enough for him to leave.  He is engaged in some great prep work right now.  I'm sure deep down Shane and Tony would like to see each other before Tony leaves.  But what do I know; I'm just the mom.

Well, on October 1, the decorating began.  This is what the girls came up with in their room.  Pretty grim.


 Enjoying the great weather.  Levi looks pretty focused.  It's a big job getting Jalu to the top of the slide.
 Decided to use Danny's corn as a backdrop for some handsome boys.



 Mommy, or should I say "Mummy" enjoying Halloween outfits.

 What a nice big sister.



 The girls got a hold of my camera.


 Kids getting in position to cheer mom and dad on.
 Great sign Koli!


 What a fan club.  I finished under my goal time and I am glad it's over.  I need to participate in exercise that is more relaxing!
 I tend to "freeze" after I've run anything above 7 miles.  This is me and Jet snuggling to get me warm.  I pretty much laid on the couch wrapped up til the boys went to Priesthood.

 Story time before bed.





No comments: